) Maria Sharapova Admits To Doping Scandal - But Don't Judge Her Until You Read - KASY WORLD!

Maria Sharapova Admits To Doping Scandal - But Don't Judge Her Until You Read

The 28-year-old Russian tennis star at a press conference today admitted failing a drug test at the Australian Open earlier this year, however, how it came about wasn't really how you expected it. She has been taking a substance named meldonium in the past 10 years but didn't pay attention to new rules which banned the medicine with effect from January this year.

A teared up Maria Sharapova admitted:
"I know I face consequences and I didn't want to end my career this way. I hope I will be given the chance to play this game again.

"I had been taking this medicine for the past ten years, but on 1 January this became a prohibited substance which I did not know."

No comments